In an attempt to reduce paperwork, data exchange, and provide overall cost savings to petitioning employers, the USCIS has announced that the implementation of the proposed new H-1B Lottery registration process will commence Fiscal Year 2021 Cap Season.
Here’s what to expect:
- USCIS will open an initial registration period from March 1 through March 20, 2020.
- Employers seeking to file H-1B cap-subject petitions will be required to FIRST electronically register and pay a $10 H-1B registration fee BEFORE filing a petition for the fiscal year 2021 H-1B.
- Employers must electronically submit a separate registration SPECIFICALLY NAMING each alien for whom they seek to file an H-1B cap-subject petition.
- Registrations will be randomly selected as needed to reach the H-1B numerical allocations after the initial registration period closes and no later than March 31, 2020.
- USCIS will only accept cap-subject petitions having a valid selected registration for the SAME NAMED beneficiary AND the APPROPRIATE FISCAL YEAR. For more see: USCIS website.